Unlocking Electric Vehicle charging stations and starting/stopping EV charging sessions
CarCharging owns and operates electric vehicle (EV) charging stations manufactured by various providers and operating on various EV charging networks, including our own Blink Network. Fees vary by location, so please be sure to check the fees listed on the appropriate station map locator, mobile app, and/or the station screen. Instructions for access and payment for each EV charging station that we own or operate are listed below.
Blink stations: For more information about Blink EV charging stations, please visit www.blinknetwork.com.
ChargePoint stations: Access and payment to our ChargePoint EV charging stations can be made via an activated evCharge card, ChargePass card, or by calling the 800# listed on the EV station and providing a major credit card.
To start charging:
- After arriving at the EV station, hold your evCharge card* over the station’s reader symbol. Once your card is authorized, the EV station will display a message indicating that you may remove the connector from the holster and plug it into your vehicle.
- Remove the EV charging station’s connector by pressing down on the button at the top of the handle while pulling the connector from its holster. The EV station will display a message indicating that the vehicle is charging.
To stop charging:
- Hold your evCharge card* over the station’s reader symbol. The EV station will display a message indicating that charging has been completed and to return the connector to its holster.
- Return the EV station’s connector to its holster by pressing down on the button at the top of the handle while pulling the connector from your vehicle.
GE stations: Access and payment to our GE WattStations can be made via an activated WattStation Connect Payment card, mobile application, or by calling the 800# listed on the EV station and providing a major credit card.
- Swipe the RFID card to the RFID swipe indicator on the top cover of the station.
- An EV driver can also use their smartphone’s camera (iPhone or Android) and GE Wattstation mobile application to scan the station’s QR code, viewable from the top cover of the station. Once the QR code is captured, the application will automatically connect to the GE Wattstation’s Connect and provide the driver with access to the station.
SemaConnect stations: – Access and payment to our SemaConnect EV charging stations can be made via an activated SemaCharge Pass card, or by calling the 800# listed on the EV station and providing a major credit card.
- Unplug the connector from the charging station and plug it into your electric vehicle.
- Hold your SemaCharge Pass up to the station card reader symbol to authorize your charging session.
- When your card is accepted and your vehicle begins charging, the station lights will switch from blue to green.
- Your charging session ends when the connector is unplugged from your vehicle.