Unlocking the EV charging stations and starting/stopping charging sessions
Blink stations – For more information about Blink EV charging stations, please visit www.blinknetwork.com.
ChargePoint stations – Access and payment to ChargePoint EV charging stations can be made via an activated evCharge card, ChargePass card, RFID credit card, or by calling the 800# listed on the EV station and providing a major credit card. Representatives are available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
SemaConnect stations – Access and payment to SemaConnect EV charging stations can be made via an activated SemaCharge Pass card, or by calling the 800# listed on the EV station and providing a major credit card.
Look for the ChargePass Card logo – Tap your evCharge, ChargePoint, or SemaCharge Pass card against the reader symbol on any charging station displaying the ChargePass logo:
The screen on the station indicates the cost of the charging session. Please note that each station’s fees are different and vary from location to location.
To start charging:
- After arriving at the EV station, hold your evCharge card* over the station’s reader symbol. Once your card is authorized, the EV station will display a message indicating that you may remove the connector from the holster and plug it into your vehicle.
- Remove the EV charging station’s connector by pressing down on the button at the top of the handle while pulling the connector from its holster. The EV station will display a message indicating that the vehicle is charging.
To stop charging:
- Hold your evCharge card* over the station’s reader symbol. The EV station will display a message indicating that charging has been completed and to return the connector to its holster.
- Return the EV station’s connector to its holster by pressing down on the button at the top of the handle while pulling the connector from your vehicle.
- Unplug the connector from the charging station and plug it into your electric vehicle.
- Hold your SemaCharge Pass up to the station card reader symbol to authorize your charging session.
- When your card is accepted and your vehicle begins charging, the station lights will switch from blue to green.
- Your charging session ends when the connector is unplugged from your vehicle.